Buy Me a Coffee

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/kittiescatu

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Closed Minds are NOT Scientific or Logical

I was reading a post on asocial networking site yesterday, and I posted a question in the comments section. I asked where is the evidence for evolution, and six people immediately jumped on me, calling me an idiot and a brainless fundamentalist.

Now, I did not mention God or the Bible. I simply asked for the evidence. One person posted that the evidence for evolution is in the stars -- huh? The others simply attacked me personally, with no attempt to show me any evidence for their firm belief that evolution is a proven fact.

Their knee-jerk, scripted reactions to my question demonstrate that they are not thinking. Their responses have nothing to do with my question. In fact, they are employing the logical fallacy known as the straw man. If you cannot answer the argument, you set up a fictitious argument for your opponent's point of view and attack without mercy.

I must conclude that they have been so brainwashed that they are incapable of any intelligent discussion. They worship in the hallowed halls of science, and I am a heretic in their eyes.

~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Health insurance fails and refuses

 My adult son is suffering serious health problems after a nearly fatal heart attack, and his insurance refuses to pay for the medical care ...