Buy Me a Coffee

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/kittiescatu

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Being the Ricardos, review

I just watched Being the Ricardos on Netflix. It brought back some memories, and it wasn't all bad. However, I want my two hours back. I've watched "I Love Lucy" many times, even when it first ran in the 1950s, so I get the premise. However, the show jumped around in time so often, and so abruptly, that it's just plain confusing. I never know whether it's 1960 or 1950. Moreover, I just couldn't get to a place where I identified with or cared about the characters, even though I already know quite a bit of the background that is not covered in the movie. I could forgive the two-hour run time, if it bothered to develop the characters. Even Lucy herself comes across as flat. These were real people, and they got short shrift in the movie.

Sorry folks, thumbs down. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Health insurance fails and refuses

 My adult son is suffering serious health problems after a nearly fatal heart attack, and his insurance refuses to pay for the medical care ...