Buy Me a Coffee

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/kittiescatu

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Why Now, After 27 Years?

So why did I write my memoir now, 27 years after the death of my husband? Well, actually, I first wrote it in 1989 and 1990, but publishers were not interested in my memoir about Philip K. Dick. Now, with the Internet and POD publishing, I can publish it myself and make it available to readers, bypassing traditional publishers.

The real question, I think, is why write it at all? I suppose that this is my effort to keep Phil alive in some small way. His books and stories keep him alive in the minds of readers, and the movies are nice, but what about the man who wrote those stories? Others have written biographies and presented their theories, mostly about Phil's madness. They do not present the man that I knew, the man who shared his life with me for ten years. I want to show you the man, not my theories about him.

"I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to
death. They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision
we make. Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories. We
find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having
shared their love." ~~ Leo Buscaglia

Phil's body of work has left an indelible imprint on readers, and the time that he spent with me has left an indelible imprint on me. I hope to share that imprint with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Health insurance fails and refuses

 My adult son is suffering serious health problems after a nearly fatal heart attack, and his insurance refuses to pay for the medical care ...